Interior design represents an endless selection of possibilities. You have a whole world of alternatives, styles and decors: it is hard to decide between beauty or practicality. The key is obviously to have them both integrated in your space. Let’s see how.
One of the main – and first – steps, is the right choice of materials. While granite is very resistant, it is also quite expensive; stainless steel is extremely practical, but can dent.
And what about Quartz Countertops? Let’s see why it should be a valid option for your countertops.
Why choosing Quartz?
You might wonder, with so many different materials in the market, why choose quartz?
And here are some answers:
- Hard Surface: The Quartz surface is basically 93% of quartz mixed with resin, making the surface extremely hard. This basically means that it is also very resistant to chips, scratches and stains.
- Easy to Maintain: No need for sealants! Quartz countertops require less maintenance than many other options. A little bit of water, soap and a cloth will do the hard work for you!
- Styles: Quartz is manufactured (man-made) so unlike natural stones that come in colors naturally occurring, it is featured in a variety of styles and colors. Free your creativity and find the best version for your kitchen!
If what you are looking for, is inspiration for your new kitchen, check our quartz countertop samples and keep reading: you won’t be disappointed!
How are the made?
The natural crystals of quartz are mined, ground into a dust or an aggregate which is fused with resins under pressure and heat, until they form a solid slab. At that point, the pigments are added to give a certain shade to your next countertop!
Another great feature of white quartz countertop is that they are 100% green, as in eco-friendly. No tree is necessary for the purpose of engineering stone countertops, and 90% of quartz countertop are waste by-products of other manufacturing processes.
Even the 10% of quartz, composed by resins, are becoming evermore natural, and are often derived from non-food vegetable oils, which makes them organic resins.
Calacatta Laza Quartz
This gorgeous white quartz is used on a tradition kitchen, paired with off white cabinetry, farmhouse sink, and a white and grey mix of bricks as a backsplash. The floors are in hardwood, and the appliances are all in stainless-steel. Perfect and eye-catching harmonization of a spacious ambience: isn’t it a dreamy kitchen?
Cambria Newport Color
In this amazing traditional kitchen, the use of Cambria Newport adds a great value to the cherry wood which is the protagonist of the ambience. Stainless Steel appliances give a modern touch to the space, in which everything matches uniquely well. This light infused room would be the envy of guests and neighbors, wouldn’t you agree?
Cambria Annicca Color
Cambria Annicca is the perfect Countertop for a Contemporary kitchen! It matches beautifully with the wood tones of the kitchen – from the dark one of the cabinetry to the mixed tones on the floor tiles. A shiny and energetic white also appears on both backsplash, door and window, and gives to the whole ambience a polished and elegant vibe.
Silestone Eternal Pearl Jasmine
Thinking about a Modern kitchen? We give you more! In this classic black and white space, the Silestone Eternal Pearl Jasmine steals all the attention; if you do end up having time to check out the other features, pay particular attention to the stonework on the fireplace, the crystal – and black – pendent lights, or the many door/windows. Simply beautiful.
Calacatta Vincenza Quartz
This Calacatta Vincenza Quartz with waterfall edge is the modern touch this traditional kitchen needed. The light grey cabinetry and hard wood floor complete the ambiance, which is topped off by minimal details and stainless steel appliances.
Calacatta Ultra Quartz Kitchen Countertops
This Calacatta Ultra Quartz is the perfect fit for this modern kitchen. Matched with blue and white cabinetry, the space looks fresh and luxurious. Stainless Steel appliances are also an amazing addition to the space: minimal and classy.
If you are still indecisive about quartz, we have many more compelling arguments in its favor. Keep reading!
- Considerations to make:
Impossible to stress this enough: durability should motivate many of your choices in terms of materials: changing countertops and surfaces of the house too often will in fact drain your savings and get you very frustrated very quickly.
Buying Quartz is not only a great option because of its timeless looks, but especially because of the functionality of the hard rock material. It is non-porous, which means that it won’t absorb liquids or stains! In an area like a kitchen, with spills and risk of permanent stains, this material will fit like a glove.
- Price range:
One other factor that you might think about along with beauty and functionality is… how much will all of this end up costing me?
You can expect to pay an average of $50 to $70 per square foot of quarts, but the installation is the part that could get real salty, with prices ranging between $100 and $200 per square foot. Don’t forget, you need to hire an amazing professional for this job. You don’t want mistakes to happen when installing one of the most eye-catching parts of your kitchen.
All over social media, Pinterest, Instagram, you have seen images of dreamy kitchens, with clean and amazing finishes and you have wondered which materials they are using. I can guarantee, at least half of those images have Quartz countertops.
With its clean and well finished lines, it is a material for every taste and every style. It has a high-end look, and amazing advantages to it.
These are the reasons why quartz is one of the most loved kitchen materials since years, and we expect it to not give up the throne anytime soon. 2019 trends, in fact, see it as one of its most important and elegant materials, adapt to the most diversified and unique styles or functions.
Key Facts | Quartz countertops:
- cost as much as natural stones: $50-95 per square foot + $100-200 per square foot for the installation
- are very heavy, and should not be handled by anyone who is not a professional: DIY installation is not a great idea, since you risk that the material will crack.
- are usually guaranteed for 10-15 years to a lifetime, depending on the company: this material is very durable
- are low maintenance and don’t need to be sealed. They can be cleaned with soapy water for daily cleaning, and stains can be removed with a gentle scrub.
- Are antimicrobial: they won’t be affected by stains, odors, mold and mildew.
- Are design-friendly: they are flexible and lighter than many other materials: they can also be used on walls and floors – even in small tiles!
- Have size limits: quartz countertops go just as big as the machine used to produce them; therefore, it will be had to find measures larger than 63” x 130”. You should take this under consideration if you are choosing quartz.
- Can be matched with Pantone: since they are made in a factory, you can have them in basically any color existing. White and gray are surely the most common choices, but if you want to risk it with pink or lime green, be our guest!
- They are environmental-friendly: they are created by mineral leftovers, therefore by choosing quarts you are also choosing the environment.
What they're saying
Beautiful showroom, excellent customer service and install. I loved working with them. They knew just the right stone for my kitchen, and even though I looked and looked everywhere to make sure, I came back to her choice. I would highly recommend Sky Marble.
The staff here are so knowledgable and the service and workmanship is top notch!! Outstanding!
Super pleased! They were able to get us a quote and complete the work very quickly. It looks great and their install team was fantastic. Highly recommend.
Absolutely love the finished product of my countertops! I live in a condo and wanted to update the countertops in the kitchen to have a more efficient space. Dawn explained all the options and helped through the entire process. Each staff member I came in contact with was exceptional! I absolutely love my kitchen and I receive compliments all the time. Highly recommend Sky Marble and Granite.